Re: Gimp 1.3 packages, was: New extra packages and yum repository

On Thu, 2003-10-16 at 01:31, Michael Schwendt wrote:

> > > Some of the locale directories are not owned by glibc-common.
> >
> > This is a bug in glibc-common which should not be tried to
> > fix/circumvent in other packages.
>
> What do you suggest as alternative? Now owning such directories would
> a) leave them behind upon package removal and b) create them with
> wrong permissions in case of a restrictive umask.
>
> As a similar example, Red Hat's "perl" package should own several
> directories, e.g. vendor install dirs. There's an old bug report about
> it somewhere in bugzilla. But it doesn't get fixed.

If it's not in Bugzilla, put it in there. If it's in Bugzilla, step on
people's toes until they react ;-). Putting this fix in an unrelated
package is not the right thing to do.

> > > You have missed /etc/gimp, /usr/lib/gimp, /usr/lib/gimp/1.3/environ,
> > > and /usr/share/gimp.
> >
> > I didn't try to give a complete list.
>
> Sorry, your package should own those directories.

Thanks, I'll fix this.

Nils
--
     Nils Philippsen    /    Red Hat    /    nphilipp redhat com