Re: Yum'ification of the rhn_applet

On Wed, 2003-10-15 at 17:31, Daniel Veillard wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 15, 2003 at 04:33:02PM +0100, P draigBrady com wrote:
> > Daniel Veillard wrote:
> > >   I have just released an updated version of rhn_applet which
> > > should work better for the Fedora framework:
> > >    - handle Yum repositories
> > >    - handle multiple repositories
> > >    - does not require RHN registration
> > >
> > >   You can find it at:
> > >     http://people.redhat.com/~veillard/testing/yum/rhn-applet/2.1.0/
> >
> > But does up2date work with yum?
>
>   yes for recent versions.
>
> > I updated rh9 with the latest up2date from rawhide and rhn-applet from
> > above, but up2date seems to hang on the first RPM header with the
> > following as my only source?
> >
> > yum fedora-i386-os
> > http://download.fedora.us/fedora/redhat/0.95/i386/yum/os/
>
>   Hum, I upgraded my fedora core0.95 to rawhide with up2date this morning
> without troubles.
>
> Daniel

Yeah, up2date pull from the RedHat rawhide channel, yum is pulling from
download.fedora.us and the 0.95 repository has a headers.info but *no
actual headers* meaning yum won't work.  Do'h to say the least.  Been
waiting for someone else to notice and just using up2date in the
meantime, but it's been a few days now with no change . . .

--
--Shahms