Re: Repository feature proposal

> Really the on-disk format should be an xml file per repository in a
> foo.d directory that is scanned by the package manager on startup.
>
> Life is so much easier when you don't have to share a single file.

There is work going on in the development branch of yum to allow for a
dir like this. We're using configparser format instead of xml b/c it
makes the config files very easy for humans to grok, I have a few
problems using xml for a config file that people need to edit b/c I've
found xml config files tend to confuse users. xml for data that a
program has to use/parse is excellent but while xml IS human editable
it's not always trivially so.

The functionality mentioned above won't be in 2.0.X but it will be in
2.Y.X where Y > 0 :)

-sv