Re: Union mounts

On Sat, 18 Oct 2003, Jens Knutson wrote:

>I've been doing some research on getting union mounts to work on
>Linux, but it doesn't appear that Fedora currently supports it!
>Is this accurate?

Linux _period_ does not support union mounting, and never has -
at least to my knowledge.  I've heard kernel folk discussing that
this is something which might happen in 2.7.x however.  Just so
you know that there's nothing "Fedora" specific about the lack of
union mount capability.

>If so, is there anything on the horizon, or will I have to use
>*BSD to get this? (ewwwwww.)

See above.  You'll have to use BSD for the time being, or some
other OS that supports union mount.

Unless I'm totally on crack and far outdated WRT this on Linux.