Re: Boot Loader Proposal

Once upon a time, Jesse Keating <jkeating j2solutions net> said:
> Grub and Syslinux remain in Core.  They will cover the mass majority of
> the userbase, with minimal duplication.  Lilo shall be relegated to
> Alternatives or Extras.  Lilo seems to have a smaller need base, but
> still needs to be available.  This should satisfy the majority of the
> people on this list right?

I use GRUB myself, as it supports 115200 on the serial port (which LILO
does not or at least did not).

However, the boot loader is kind of a "special case", as you pretty much
need it included and supported in the installer.  If you have a problem
that GRUB can't solve, having LILO available for download isn't much
help if you can't get booted.
--
Chris Adams <cmadams hiwaay net>