Re: Split & move yum headers deeper into the hierachy?

Le mar 21/10/2003 à 23:46, Bill Nottingham a écrit :
> Nicolas Mailhot (Nicolas Mailhot laPoste net) said:
> > Well, SRPMS are another thing that might end up zapped (though only at
> > the very small mirror level - intranet mirroring typically).
> >
> > And with debuginfo packages growing there'll probably be a need at some
> > point to strip them easily (not that they're not needed they are
> > massively less used than the other stuff so it makes no sense to push
> > them in every mirror)
>
> They're in a different directory. However, I think it may
> be practical to say that if you're not doing a full mirror, you may
> need to regenerate the yum data.

Some mirrors do not run linux at all. Other run old distros without yum.
Yet others have a mirroring infrastructure that does not allow for
running commands after syncing....

It's a bit stupid to require data regeneration when the core problem is
it's not in the right place, not that's its wrong (for mirroring
anyway).

Making life easier for mirror people will only lead to more mirrors, and
that's what we want, right ?

--
Nicolas Mailhot