Re: Split & move yum headers deeper into the hierachy?

Nicolas Mailhot (Nicolas Mailhot laPoste net) said:
> > They're in a different directory. However, I think it may
> > be practical to say that if you're not doing a full mirror, you may
> > need to regenerate the yum data.
>
> Some mirrors do not run linux at all. Other run old distros without yum.
> Yet others have a mirroring infrastructure that does not allow for
> running commands after syncing....
>
> It's a bit stupid to require data regeneration when the core problem is
> it's not in the right place, not that's its wrong (for mirroring
> anyway).
>
> Making life easier for mirror people will only lead to more mirrors, and
> that's what we want, right ?

Yes, but there's a level of sanity required. If you don't mirror everything,
things might break; that's sort of how it works.... Even if we do it
per arch, it will break if someone removes the source RPMs. Or the debug
info. And setting up separate repositories for those would be silly.

Bill