Re: Split & move yum headers deeper into the hierachy?

On Tue, 21 Oct 2003, Bill Nottingham wrote:

> Yes, but there's a level of sanity required. If you don't mirror everything,
> things might break; that's sort of how it works.... Even if we do it
> per arch, it will break if someone removes the source RPMs. Or the debug
> info. And setting up separate repositories for those would be silly.

why? I think just the opposite -- that you want separate debuginfo and
source repositories. The last thing most users want (and honestly, that you
want most users to see) is to see 1400 debuginfo packages when they run,
say, yum list available.

later,
chris