An end to the GRUB/LILO threads...

Nils Philippsen nphilipp at redhat.com
Thu Oct 23 14:46:41 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2003-10-22 at 22:31, Jeremy Katz wrote:

> 3) The a11y question, but the comments about placing ^G's in the title
> should make that moot I think, as that's essentially what you do with
> lilo as well.

Unless I'm mistaken, there are have been raised other GRUB issues
regarding accessibility which need to be addressed, such as:

- It should be possible to choose a kernel image to boot via "alias" or
"name" rather than full-screen with cursor keys. The "title" keyword
doesn't qualify for that -- it's too long.

For the longer term, having a "beep-when-ready" keyword in grub.conf
rather than ^G hacks would also be nice.

Nils
     Nils Philippsen    /    Red Hat    /    nphilipp at redhat.com