Re: Packages RFC

Jos Vos wrote:
On Sun, Oct 26, 2003 at 03:02:58PM -0500, Matt Jarjoura wrote:

Is there a way to fork QMail and make it a side project of Fedora?

License-wise: no.

The qmail license situation is a bit of a mess. What would be nice is a guide to migrating to something that *can* be distributed by modern distributions.

I currently have several gigabytes of my family's mail in hundreds of qmail Maildirs. An MDA that can read those as is, or can provide conversion scripts, would be greatly appreciated. Plus it will help people migrate to a more official fedora-core setup.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Cheers

Koz