Re: grubby (not grub) question

Thanks Jeremy,
It's on bugzilla #108077

Jeremy Katz wrote:
On Fri, 2003-10-24 at 11:03, Troy Dawson wrote:

I'm having a hard time finding the right maillist and/or web pages for grubby (not grub). Can anyone point me to the right place?

fedora-devel-list or bugzilla (or here)

When using grubby to add arguments to the kernel, for either lilo or grub, I am only able to add one instance of an item.
My specific problem is that for a serial console, if you want to have the output go through both the video and serial console, you need to add

console=tty0 console=ttyS0,9600n8

(ok, so you need to modify the serial part for your specific instance but that's not the question)

grubby will only allow one instance of console= so I'm having some trouble using grubby to do this.

Hrmmm...  grubby does this to change existing options without the
thought of multiple allowed of the same option.  If you file something
in bugzilla, I'll look into making this behavior better.

Cheers,

Jeremy