Re: yum.conf shipped with 1.0

Alan Cox wrote:
For now, I would highly advise spreading word of fedora.us repositories and other helpful 3rd party repositories. Our tools and infrastructure are not ready for the entire world.

I'm still pondering whether yum is only half of the answer or whether an
infrastructure built around bt would be better. Something like

Interesting idea.
Bittorrent those

			Sit around for a little while helping uplink
			packages

How would that help those of use behind a firewall without configuration privileges? Does bit torrent support some sort of tunneling? Would it even be usefull to do so?

If you have to go through a 3rd machine, I don't see any real benifit to my machine being in the mix.

-Thomas