Re: yum.conf shipped with 1.0

Le mar 28/10/2003 à 18:36, Daniel Veillard a écrit :
> On Tue, Oct 28, 2003 at 05:07:11AM -0500, Alan Cox wrote:
> > > For now, I would highly advise spreading word of fedora.us repositories
> > > and other helpful 3rd party repositories.  Our tools and infrastructure
> > > are not ready for the entire world.
> >
> > I'm still pondering whether yum is only half of the answer or whether an
> > infrastructure built around bt would be better. Something like
> >

> > 	update-daemon	queries DNS to get a TXT value to the 'current'
> > 			bittorrent seed set (DNS is a nice scalable
> > 			mechanism to distribute the regularly queried info)

How would a local mirror be managed in this system ?
Setting up repository mirrors should not be made overly difficult, else
all small edge mirrors disappear.

(basically a mirror requirement should stay a ftp/http server with
something responsible for getting the original packages/hdr/indexes on
the file server. No local reindexing, no dns, just a stupid file server
+ wget cron)

Cheers,

--
Nicolas Mailhot