yum.conf shipped with 1.0

Tue Oct 28 23:25:14 UTC 2003

Le mer 29/10/2003 à 00:10, Wil Cooley a écrit :
> On Tue, 2003-10-28 at 10:27, Daniel Veillard wrote:
> > > Thats pretty much what you have now with up2date. Disk is cheap. You have
> > > all the base .hdr's from the install.
> >
> >  that sounds a bit extreme to me. I'm not sure that this behaviour is really
> > needed, this might be true, but so far I'm not convinced that up2date fetching
> > all the headers doesn't qualify as a bug rather than a feature.
>
> Isn't this just how Yum works generally to handle dependecy resolution?
> Isn't it analogous to the repository info that apt uses?

apt is very different with multiple sources (apt is *fast*). I'll trust
yum dependency engine over apt's any day, but the fact is pulling hdrs
instead of pulling apt indexes from the same set of sources (ie using
repositories that do both apt & yum) makes one want to cry.

apt indexes are lighter, apt does parallel checks, etc

Cheers,

--
Nicolas Mailhot