Re: OSSNET - Proposal for Swarming Data Propagation

On Wed, 2003-10-29 at 15:29, Alan Cox wrote:
> > ===
> > 1. This idea sucks, I don't want to upload!
> > RTFM! This proposal says that clients have upload DISABLED by default.
>
> Makes it hard to scale well. I was I admit thinking the reverse - if you
> don't upload you get very little. Economic motivations and all that.

Force the user to configure the client program if no existing
configuration is found? Uploading could be enabled/disabled as seems
fit; within a company, for instance, the subnet restriction etc. could
be programmed into their default configuration file that is used by all
clients.

- Michel