Run prelink and other stuff not in cron but when screensaver is active.

I sometime get a bit frustrated that a cron job starts while I'm working. Wouldn't it be nicer that this stuff would run when I'm not doing any work. I.e. when the screensaver is active. Maybe as a minor enhancement when the screensaver is active and there is not a process asking for cpu power /disk access. Sometimes I'm running compiling jobs which take quite a while.

Jaap