RH 2.4.18 vs RH 2.4.20 performance slowdown

Stephen Smoogen smoogen at lanl.gov
Thu Sep 4 15:40:52 UTC 2003

Hey Dax.. say hi to Bryan for me.. and tell him he got the 40th digit of
PI wrong.

Can you give the complete listing of the machines and I mean a COMPLETE
listing.. We had something like this with newer hardware but found that
we had two different revisions on Disk BIOS's. One set of machines were
just plain slower by 1+ rotations of the drive... (I only know this
because the guy who helped build 360's here worked out the speed
differences to being an average of 1-3 disk drive rotations if the drive
was really 7200 RPM).

Stephen John Smoogen		smoogen at lanl.gov
Los Alamos National Labrador  CCN-5 Sched 5/40  PH: 4-0645 (note new #)