I volunteer

Lamar Owen lowen at pari.edu
Fri Sep 26 14:01:58 UTC 2003

On Thursday 25 September 2003 14:41, Pekka Savola wrote:
> Such as, everybody (on the "backport ring" that is) builds on their own
> systems, and signs w/ their own GPG keys.  The RPMS are published on the
> folks own servers. A set of central servers polls periodically the list of
> those websites, and pulls the RPMs.  If the GPG signature matches, put it
> in the central repository and send an automatic heads-up message to
> everyone (if desirable).

I as PostgreSQL RPM maintainer for the PostgreSQL Global Development Group do
something similar to this using a loose group of volunteers.  I need to get
GPG signing working, though.  I have usually been able to get RPMs for RHL9,
8.0, 7.3, and even 6.2 in pretty short order.  Even have a fellow building
for RHAS for me.  I do the RHL9, 8.0, and Aurora SPARC Linux 1.0 builds
myself, though.
--
Lamar Owen
Director of Information Technology