fedora only for US users ?

Miloslav Trmac mitr at volny.cz
Sun Sep 28 10:57:38 UTC 2003

Hello,
On Sat, Sep 27, 2003 at 10:30:45PM +0200, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
> We are not talking about writing software from scratch here. To get into
> Fedora a project must at least reached the packageable state. If at this
> stage the project maintainers haven't even started thinking about
> localization we should really worry because there's little chance it
> will be done by the time Fedora core ships.
Speaking as a translator, I don't think adding translations to
_existing_ software projects just for Fedora is right. The translations
should be done, integrated and tested upstream, so that they receive
wider testing, developer cooperation and so that they benefit all
users of the package, not only those using Fedora.

For Fedora/RHL-specific packages (redhat-config-* for instance), that's
different of course and I believe the status quo is mostly fine in this
respect.
	Mirek