Future: fhs 2.3 compliance for fc3

Nils Philippsen nphilipp at redhat.com
Thu Apr 1 08:14:34 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-04-01 at 08:19, Dan Burcaw wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-03-31 at 22:18, Chris Kloiber wrote:

> > > I don't think /mnt has anything wrong with it, but FHS specifies that
> > > /media is a better name for a removable device and indeed, /media is
> > > what SuSE uses.
> >
> > If SuSe decides to jump off the Brooklyn Bridge, are we expected to
> > blindly follow?
>
> Is SuSE doing something reason not to do it in Fedora/RHEL, etc?

No, it isn't really, though we have some umm reservations on device
naming, file system naming related stuff when it comes from Nuremberg
;-).

/media being used by SuSE is not a reason to do it nor to not do it. So
it would be best to leave "SuSE does/doesn't do this that way" aside as
an argument.

Nils
     Nils Philippsen    /    Red Hat    /    nphilipp at redhat.com