Strange Kudzu Behavior

Pyroman[FO] pyroman at ninjapanda.org
Tue Apr 6 16:25:45 UTC 2004

I have two ethernet cards.  One is onboard (3c59x) and one is PCMCIA
(8139too).  Kudzu sets the PCMCIA one to eth0 and the onboard to eth1.
When I change hwconf manually to make the onboard eth0 and the PCMCIA
eth1, it overwrites them when kudzu starts.  If I use
system-config-network to set them that way, it still overwrites them on
startup.  In fact, if I remove the PCMCIA card, start eth0 (which is now
the onboard), get an IP and then put the PCMCIA back in, kudzu still
sees the onboard as eth1.  Is this proper kudzu behavior?  or is
system-config-network broken?

Pyroman[FO]