JPEG patent, removal from FC2?

Sun Apr 25 12:44:50 UTC 2004

Le dim, 25/04/2004 à 14:04 +0200, Leonard den Ottolander a écrit :
> Hello Kristof,
>
> > I don't mind that jpg is dropped. png and svg are the way to go :)
>
> What a shame my digital camera doesn't know about that. Does png support
> lossy compression? Using vector graphics for photographs? Hm.

BTW I think one of the big licensors is Sony, and I doubt they'd be
thrilled if support for their cameras was removed from OSs because of
zealous patent enforcement. At this point they might decide supporting
this patent was a bad idea after all, so it probably will never come to
this. (especially given they are all about to expire)

Cheers,

--
Nicolas Mailhot