k3b language pack

Michael Schwendt fedora at wir-sind-cool.org
Tue Apr 27 21:51:27 UTC 2004

On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 15:14:13 -0500, Rex Dieter wrote:

> Matias Feliciano wrote:
> > Le mar 27/04/2004 à 21:26, Alex Thomsen Leth a écrit :
> >
> >>why dosnt k3b start in danish on my danish system. it starts in english?
>
> > yum install kde-i18n-Danish
>
> FYI, k3b's i18n stuff is packaged separately, and not included in the
> main tarball nor in the kde-i18n stuff.

That is misinformation.

The Fedora Core 1.92 k3b package contains the i18n files, because at Red
Hat it is found that separate language packs (such as KDE's) cause trouble
(e.g. require special hooks in the installer and complicate adding of
languages after installation).

Matias Feliciano is partially right in that to enable a translation for
k3b, KDE users need to install the corresponding kde-i18n-? package, too.