usb stick

Julien Olivier julo at altern.org
Wed Apr 28 16:36:51 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-04-28 at 17:06, Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> On Wed, 28 Apr 2004 17:56:18 +0200, Alex Thomsen Leth <alexl at stofanet.dk> wrote:
> >
> > why doesnt my usb stick get configured at insert and placed under
> > "Computer"??
>
> http://cyberelk.net/tim/usb-storage.html

Hi !

I'm having the same problem with my USB stick. So I followed the
instructions on this web page.

My USB stick appears to be "I0MEGA Minidrive  64" in
/etc/sysconfig/hwconf. So I added "I0MEGA Minidrive  64" to
/etc/updfstab.conf.default, but it doesn't work.

However, adding simply "64" makes it work. Adding "I0MEGA" makes it also
work. However, adding "Minidrive" or "I0MEGA Minidrive  64" doesn't
work.

Is there a good to reason to that ?

--
Julien Olivier <julo at altern.org>