usb stick

Remco Treffkorn remco at rvt.com
Wed Apr 28 18:31:35 UTC 2004

On Wednesday 28 April 2004 09:06, Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> On Wed, 28 Apr 2004 17:56:18 +0200, Alex Thomsen Leth <alexl at stofanet.dk>
wrote:
> > why doesnt my usb stick get configured at insert and placed under
> > "Computer"??
>
> http://cyberelk.net/tim/usb-storage.html

Thanks for that link.

Under KDE the flash shows up in the file manager under "devices:/".
Mounting and browsing is no problem, but one can not unmount the unit.
You get a "device is busy" error. Happens even after exiting the file manager.
Lsof reveals fam as the culprit. This is pretty messed up, and I hope it's my
fault, because that would be a major bug.

Please tell me I did it wrong ;-)

Cheers,
Remco
--