Module symbol versioning on boot kernel (was Re: Update on problems creating iteraid driver disk)

Paul Gear paul at gear.dyndns.org
Thu Apr 29 08:22:44 UTC 2004

Paul Gear wrote:
> This still doesn't solve the problem of getting FC1 driver disks made,
> though.  I'm sure someone more experienced at driver development would
> be able to solve this in a few minutes - isn't module symbol versioning
> fairly mundane stuff in kernel terms?

Sorry to harp on about this, but could someone point me to some
appropriate doco on the above?

Before i go through the process of trying to get the driver into the
kernel.org kernel, could anyone spare a couple of minutes to explain to
me why the boot/install kernel in FC1 is different from the main one?
The driver works perfectly if built and inserted after installation -
it's just the installation time that is a problem.

--
Paul
http://paulgear.webhop.net