totem/xine

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Fri Apr 30 01:50:09 UTC 2004

On Thu, 29 Apr 2004 18:01:31 -0700, Michael A. Peters <mpeters at mac.com> wrote:

> I am aware that they are available from a number of places.
> I am curious as to why they are not with Fedora - which was my original
> question - not where to get them (google or rpmfind would have done
> that)

I think the webpage at http://rpm.livna.org   explains the situation
quite succinctly, in the very first sentence. If you need a more detailed
analysis of why totem and other packages were considered problematic
for fedora.us to continue to house, you will probably only be
satisfied with an essay directly from someone in Red Hat's legal
department...which i would not hold my breathe for.  It's best to
think of livna as effectively the non-US or freeworld extention of
fedora.us.

-jef