no strawman update before Tuesday

Michael Tiemann tiemann at redhat.com
Wed Aug 4 11:00:26 UTC 2004

I have not received adequate comments on my strawman this week, nor have
I made substantial progress in integrating some other materials by
today.  Rather than send out something half-baked and then leave it to
rot while I'm on vacation, I'm going to shoot for next week as the date
for the next update.  That update /will/ have a concrete proposed
governance model (with actual people nominated for actual roles wrt
Fedora Core).  This is nothing earth-shattering, just an attempt to
codify existing practice and respond to many of the legitimate concerns
of others that too many aspects of Fedora are lacking in transparency.

Therefore, I plan to specifically update the Governance document, and
also try to handle the "non-free" stuff better, perhaps doing so the way
that Debian does in their social contract.