Several Different kernel related (?) problems

Alan Cox alan at redhat.com
Fri Aug 13 12:12:52 UTC 2004

On Fri, Aug 13, 2004 at 01:57:05PM +0200, Hans Kristian Rosbach wrote:
> How would I do that?
>
> I never used grub before, so when I'm blind I have no idea how to do
> such things. You did get that the screen is actually black when the
> menu is supposed to be on screen? I can change menu entries blindly tho.

Ah fun. So your machine is choking before Linux even runs. I hadn't realised
it was failing that early.

> Walkthrough?

When the text appears hit
	a  acpi=off [return] b [return]

however it seems like your problems are elsewhere.

> MacOs 10. something is what the customer told me.
> I have just about zero chance of getting them to do a tcpdump for me.
> If anybody wants to try, one of the domains in question is www.fjuken.no

You'll need dumps because without them you'll never figure out what
router/load balancer/weird happening on the route is involved.

> We have renamed ssl.conf to make sure it is disabled now in hope that it
> will solve this problem. This might have something to do with crackers,
> as we are seeing some moderate hostility against just that server.

CAN-2004-0493/0488 possibly - fixed in the httpd update to 2.0.50

For cgis its also managed via the RLimitMEM RLimitNProc etc
directives.