gqview removed from rawhide

Jim Cornette music-cornette at sbcglobal.net
Fri Aug 13 21:31:59 UTC 2004

Sindre Pedersen Bjordal wrote:

>fre, 13.08.2004 kl. 05.59 skrev Jim Cornette:
>

>>Christopher Aillon wrote:
>>

>>>Just a note that gqview just got removed from rawhide.  It has the
>>>

>>Out of curiosity, what made this program and others fall by the wayside?
>>Are there usage reports gathered somewhere regarding what programs are
>>favored by users? Do people just get tired of maintaining one, then push
>>users to a lesser program? (Mutt vs. Pine or similar changes)
>>
>>Jim
>>

>While I don't fully get it myself, there's this:
>
>http://fedora.redhat.com/projects/desktop/defaults.html

Thanks for the link.

Out of ideas tossed around about gthumb, aog and gqview. I think that
combining the most rational features and the most used features to
create a better browser sounds like the best idea.
Gthumb does take a long time for thumbnail generation. I remember using
gqview with thumnail generation in the right pane and it did not seem
like it consumed very much time.

Jim

--
"Microsoft is the epitome of innovation and product quality."

   -- This testimonial paid for by Microsoft.