Several Different kernel related (?) problems

Hans Kristian Rosbach hk at isphuset.no
Tue Aug 17 07:38:46 UTC 2004

> > Ah fun. So your machine is choking before Linux even runs. I hadn't realised
> > it was failing that early.
> >
> > > Walkthrough?
> >
> > When the text appears hit
> > 	a  acpi=off [return] b [return]
> >
> > however it seems like your problems are elsewhere.
>
> I'll try this nevertheless.

Nah, doesn't help. Still a garbled screen.
Btw, this happens both on LCD and CRT (we first thought the LCD monitors
were bugging right after the resolution change). But I think it's mainly
on the ATI onboard cards we have this problem. Btw, this problem is not
there when running windows, it seems like grub is the thing that inits
the card wrongly or something.

> > > We have renamed ssl.conf to make sure it is disabled now in hope that it
> > > will solve this problem. This might have something to do with crackers,
> > > as we are seeing some moderate hostility against just that server.
> >
> > CAN-2004-0493/0488 possibly - fixed in the httpd update to 2.0.50
>
> It runs httpd-2.0.50-2.1

Well, disabling ssl did fix the problem. I just hope we never have to
enable it again on that server. None of the others have this problem =/
(several with actual sites on ssl, but a few with default config)

-HK