Self-Introduction: David Malcolm

David Malcolm dmalcolm at redhat.com
Wed Aug 18 03:49:28 UTC 2004

Full legal name:
David Hugh Malcolm

Country, City:
USA, Boston, though I'm British

Profession or Student status:
Professional

Company or School:
Red Hat

Your goals in the Fedora Project:
Help make the Fedora "desktop" insanely great for end-users; get my
mother using it.

Which packages do you want to see published?
I've been packaging Evolution and its dependencies for the last few
months, so I guess I should have sent this email a while back; sorry.  I
want to push python-ldap into the core package set.

Do you want to do QA?
No, though I run Rawhide and try to fix stuff when it breaks.

Anything else special?
I'm the upstream maintainer of Conglomerate (www.conglomerate.org),
which I hack on at weekends, trying to get it more stable.

Historical qualifications
Seven years as a professional games programmer (briefly worked on one of
the "Alien vs Predator" titles, amongst various others); have used Linux
in various forms for about 5 or 6 years now.

What other projects have you worked on in the past?
As discussed above, plus various hacking on random GNOME modules.

What computer languages and other skills do you know?
C, C++, Python, amongst others; know a fair bit about 3D and games, and
about XML.  Been programming for over 20 years :-(

GPG KEYID and fingerprint:
pub  1024D/FFBC58D8 2004-06-09 David Malcolm <dmalcolm at redhat.com>
     Key fingerprint = 5948 09C4 0978 C6BA B284  0AD0 2252 36D3 FFBC
58D8
sub  1024g/5598DB67 2004-06-09