latest kudzu changes

Paul Nasrat pnasrat at redhat.com
Wed Aug 18 12:32:49 UTC 2004

On Wed, Aug 18, 2004 at 05:55:45AM -0400, Daniel Veillard wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 18, 2004 at 08:19:48AM +0100, David Woodhouse wrote:
> > On Tue, 2004-08-17 at 07:55 -0700, Jesse Keating wrote:
> > > Or a more practical example would be the porting of Fedora to other archs
> > > such as PPC and Alpha and whatever else.
> >
> > PPC is already built internally and is already in rawhide -- I have
> > boxes running FC2 and rawhide quite happily.
> >
> > We really ought to include PPC in the architectures released for FC3.
>
>   You mean ppc or ppc64 ? I would expect the first one to be popular

Both we have running on G5 and various ppc32 machines in Cambridge ( G4 tower, powerbook G4, powerbook G3 (lombard)) plus I have an iBook and an iMac (I exclusively use fedora on the iMac).

> in embedded systems and the second would more target the few users
> of Apple systems who want to run Linux instead of MacOS X . Am I wrong ?
> Is there really interest in either camp for Fedora Core ? I'm just
> wondering.

Yes the fedora-ppc interest is reasonable and been going on in the background.  Going to a linux conference it is telling the number of people bearing PowerBooks and iBooks these days.

Paul