Lastest Kernel update breaks k3b

Paul Iadonisi pri.rhl3 at iadonisi.to
Fri Aug 20 19:50:39 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-08-20 at 12:47, Sean Middleditch wrote:

[snip]

> k3b uses the cdrecord command line tool to do its work, iirc.  You don't
> need to run k3b as root, just make cdrecord setuid.  Which is exactly
> how the cdrecord author has always told people to use it.

  Which doesn't seem to work, according to my testing, anyhow.  Though
he's made a great contribution to FOSS, the author of cdrecord has a few
other *ahem* unique ideas about the way things should be done.  *cough*
device numbers *cough*
  Methinks we need a more well thought out solution, which, from what I
gather from this week's LWN.net article on it, will be arrived at,
though probably not *this week* or next.
--
-Paul Iadonisi
 Senior System Administrator