upgrade to rawhide report

Colin Walters walters at redhat.com
Mon Aug 23 19:50:20 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-08-23 at 22:39 +0300, Panu Matilainen wrote:

> ...and with VPN the network session can change underneath the browser.

The browser's hardly unique here, every app that talks to the network
has to be robust in this situation.

> Would be awfully nice if the browser (and certainly not talking about
> Epiphany only here) could be told "switch to this profile"

We're trying very hard to avoid profiles, since they introduce a lot of
complexity in the UI.

> or even just
> "reread your proxy configuration" by some means.

In the ideal case that happens dynamically and transparently, as in the
scenario I posted where the DHCP proxy is propagated via DBus then GConf
to the user session.  In the worst case, you get an error loading the
page, and you click on the link on the browser error page.