RFC: root/non-root bash prompts different colours?

Barry K. Nathan barryn at pobox.com
Thu Dec 9 00:48:50 UTC 2004

On Wed, Dec 08, 2004 at 05:03:02PM +0000, Tim Waugh wrote:
> Should we implement a scheme to differentiate root/non-root bash
> prompts by colour?

IIRC Gentoo does something like this. It might be worth looking at
what they do. (I would go ahead and do that now, except that I don't
happen to have Gentoo installed on any of my systems at the moment. And
I think it's going to be at least another day or two before I have the
time.)

-Barry K. Nathan <barryn at pobox.com>