Fedora Extras, Fedora Core CVS Open!

Cristian Gafton gafton at redhat.com
Fri Dec 17 06:04:34 UTC 2004

On Fri, 17 Dec 2004, Jeff Pitman wrote:

> On Friday 17 December 2004 13:02, Jeff Spaleta wrote:
>> I want you actually using the buildsystem that Red
>> Hat has created asap so that any suggestions or changes you want to
>> make to the process comes from a position of experience with the
>> buildsystem in use by Fedora.
>
> Can we download this and setup a local build system so we can contribute
> patches and system-level recommendations instead of using ethereal
> generics?  Would Redhat/Fedora be willing to open this up?

I am putting together a set of scripts specifically for building the
Fedora Extras and I will get those out as soon as possible. Given the fact
that these are hacked together for this purpose, I believe that it is
essential to get them out there as fast as possible and get other folks to
contribute to them.

Cristian
Cristian Gafton     --     gafton at redhat.com      --     Red Hat, Inc.
"Linux is a leprosy; and is having a deleterious effect on the U.S. IT
industry because it is steadily depreciating the value of the software
industry sector."
     -- Kenneth Brown, President, Alexis de Tocqueville Institution