Fedora Extras, Fedora Core CVS Open!

Warren Togami wtogami at redhat.com
Fri Dec 17 07:29:03 UTC 2004

Dag Wieers wrote:

> Of course, but then you don't care about synchronizing things. You're
> ignoring examples as Gaim and most packages in fedora.us that were kept in
> sync for older distributions if they build fine and worked fine.

"if they build fine and worked fine" is the key.  It was not fedora.us
policy to keep them in sync.  On several occasions we did fork specs in
order to simplify their maintenance.

> That's not a policy you want for Fedora Core, but that was the policy for
> fedora.us. If you release clamav, you want it all over the spectrum not
> just for the latest release.

Only because it worked and was not significantly difficult to make it
so, which was the case for the majority of fedora.us packages as they
were mostly self-contained and not reliant on quickly moving target OS
libraries.

Warren Togami
wtogami at redhat.com