Fedora Extras, Fedora Core CVS Open!

Michael Favia michael.favia at insitesinc.com
Fri Dec 17 18:50:50 UTC 2004

Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 12:11:04 -0600, Michael Favia
> <michael.favia at insitesinc.com> wrote:
>
>>I personally believe that the fedora extras should compliment Fedora
>>Core by adopting the same style of release pattern on a wider array of
>>packages that, for various reasons arent included in Core. The other
>>goals such as backwards compatibility seem to have a place in a Fedora
>>Legacy project.
>
> I think Extras needs to be focused on
> a 'development' tree aproach as much as possible so that integration
> issues get hammered out as early as possible.

Which is what i thought i was advocating above but maybe im not as clear
as i thought i was. If I were to visualize fedora core, fedora extras,
and fedora legacy i would have a small layered cake (fedora core)
surrounded by a larger one (fedora extras) with each with solid layers
of past cakes below it (fedora legacy).

Cross-Section of my circular cakes from side profile:

    +--------+-----------------+--------+
    |        |                 |        |
    | Fedora |   Fedora Core   | Extras |
    |           Fedora Legacy           |