svn or arch

Dries Verachtert dries at ulyssis.org
Sat Dec 18 16:12:56 UTC 2004

On Saturday 18 December 2004 00:53, Colin Walters wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-12-17 at 23:55 +0100, Dries Verachtert wrote:

> > This makes it possible to check automatically which spec files are
> > already built for a certain distro/arch and which are not because i can
> > compare the svncmtid of the binary rpms with the current version of a
> > spec file in the subversion repository.
>
> I think you're abusing the revision control system as a generic
> database; better to use a real SQL database for this.  Then you can add
> additional metadata such as which package versions pass test suites, are
> released for which distributions, etc.

I'm using a PostgreSQL database to store all this information and also a lot
of meta information about each rpm.

My scripts only add the svn commit revision before a spec file is used for a
rebuild. That modified spec file which contains the svn commit revision is
not checked in again. It's only used for the rebuild.

kind regards,
Dries Verachtert