CD burner that Just Works

Doncho N. Gunchev mr700 at globalnet.bg
Wed Dec 22 21:28:54 UTC 2004

On 2004-12-22 (Wednesday) 20:34, Florin Andrei wrote:
> Well, K3B is nice and all, but it's a KDE application. While there's
> nothing wrong with KDE per se, if you're using Gnome there's a
> noticeable delay before starting any KDE application, while all those
> components get initialized and so on. Plus, while most applications work
> flawlessly in their native environment, there are all kinds of strange
> bugs that get uncovered when using them in other environments (this goes
> for both KDE and Gnome apps).

    OT: Now you know how the KDE users feel when they have all defaults
to Gnome applications (editors, evolution mail) and up2date icon:) I was
thinking to fill a bug/rfe for this when I have time / and you can add
comments for Gnome or you fill it (please mail me if you do) and I add
comments about KDE :) /.

> In fact, K3B is the only KDE application that must be used on a Gnome
> desktop currently. All other basic tasks can be accomplished by native
> applications (or by apps that are merely GTK-based, not full Gnome apps,
> which is fine).
>
> So... how about including Graveman in Fedora?
>
> http://scresto.site.voila.fr/gravemanuk.html
>
> - It Just Works.
> - It has a no-nonsense interface that, to me at least, seems much better
> than any other CD burner for Linux. In fact, i think this is The CD-
> Burner GUI Metaphor that everyone should look at and learn from. Really.
> Any "dummy user" could use it, while it does not step on advanced users'
> toes.
> - It's GTK-based.
>
> Please?

Warning: Please note that this program has not yet been extensively
tested, this is a beta release!
    Maybe it should be tested in extras first. Looks good...

--
Regards,
  Doncho N. Gunchev    Registered Linux User #291323 at counter.li.org
  GPG-Key-ID: 1024D/DA454F79                        http://pgp.mit.edu
  Key fingerprint = 684F 688B C508 C609 0371  5E0F A089 CB15 DA45 4F79