stateless linux project status

Havoc Pennington hp at redhat.com
Thu Dec 23 00:50:19 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-12-22 at 17:00 +0000, Peter Schobel wrote:
> I have seen next to nothing on this list recently from stateless linux
> developers
>
> What is the status of this project? Is it in active development?

It isn't in active development right now; the initial release was a
prototype to gather data on what people thought of the idea.

Now we are looking at the feedback and looking at overall Red Hat
priorities and have to decide whether to create a project team to
continue with stateless Linux (and related technology). If we do decide
to continue then there will probably be a number of people working on
it.

Of course nothing is stopping others outside Red Hat from working on it,
would love to see it.

Havoc