hdlist order tag problem

Charles Lopes tjarls at iee.lu
Thu Dec 23 13:31:43 UTC 2004

Christopher Hotchkiss wrote:

>I am trying to add a custom rpm (my netexec script posted earlier to
>fedora-devel), to a nfs kickstart install. I copied the rpm to the
>RPMS/ directory and added the following to
>/install/fedora/Fedora/base/comps.xml
>
><group>
>    <id>netexec-sc</id>
>
>    <name>Netexec Client/Server</name>
>
>    <description>Network command queueing program</description>
>
>    <uservisible>false</uservisible>
>
>    <packagelist>
>      <packagereq type="default"
>requires="perl-Frontier-RPC">netexec</packagereq>
>    </packagelist>
>  </group>
>
>Then I ran: /usr/lib/anaconda-runtime/genhdlist --productpath Fedora
>/data/install/fedora
>
>When I started the kickstart install it produced the following error and died:
>WARNING: not all packages in hdlist had order tag.
>
>Any clue as to why this died? The most recent information on custom
>nfs installs that I
>can find is from RedHat 8.0.
>The rpm in question is attached.

I ran into the same type of problem when I tried to create a local
network installation point including the packages from the updates.
Because of the warning I rerun the whole process using a pkgorder file
and that worked. Because I didn't look into it any further I wasn't sure
that the first problem was due to a missing pkgorder or not.
Nevertheless you may want to try it as well. Here's approximatively the
commands I used:

PYTHONPATH=/usr/lib/anaconda /usr/lib/anaconda-runtime/pkgorder <top dir> i386 > <pkgorder file>

/usr/lib/anaconda-runtime/genhdlist --productpath Fedora --pkgorder <pkgorder file> <top dir>

/usr/lib/anaconda-runtime/buildinstall --product "Fedora Core" --version 3 --release "Fedora Core 3" --pkgorder <pkgorder file> --prodpath Fedora <top dir>