what fedora volunteers can do right now [User Linux (quick clarification)]

Jef Spaleta jspaleta at princeton.edu
Tue Feb 3 14:15:44 UTC 2004

Mike A. Harris wrote:
> And volunteers to do things wage earners couldn't be bothered to
> do.  A good balance of that is a sure win.  ;o)

And volunteers do things that wage earners don't necessarily have time
to do, or enough time to do well....
<shameless plug>
like bugzilla triage. Speaking of triage...
I'm looking at the FC2 schedule and thinking feb 13's string change
deadline is getting a little close. It would be a good idea for
volunteers to comb through bugzilla and find bug reports
that could have the StringChange keyword:
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/describekeywords.cgi
StringChange: A string change that would break translations is required
to fix this bug. i.e. fix the bug before the string freeze.

Basically that means finding bugreports that talk about bugs in user
visible text that would need to be retranslated if fixed. Simple typos
don't count. More like a change in meaning.  If you are interested in
helping out marking existing bug reports, follow this recipe for action:
1)
search through old bugzilla bug reports, you might even want to search
through red hat 8 and 9 reports as well as fedora core reports
2)
find a bug number you think could use the StringChange keyword
3)
*try to flag me down in #fedora-bugs channel on freenode irc network *or
drop a note into the triage mailinglist
https://lists.dulug.duke.edu/mailman/listinfo/fedora-triage-list
*or write a comment of the form your_irc_nick|triage->stringchange
</shameless plug>

-jef"luckily for me..I do have 28 hour days..."spaleta