nautilus does not stop after X closed

Jim Cornette cornette at insight.rr.com
Thu Feb 5 04:02:08 UTC 2004

Since I just upgraded and a lot of changes have effected the state of
GNOME, when logging in. after it was closed down. I logged out of X
(runlevel 3) and when I logged back into GNOME, I had no desktop ICONs
(completely black and no launchers). Logging out of GNOME was also very
slow. (a minute or so)

I suspected the updates, but none of them seemed related to X performance.
fedora-release-1.90-9
indexhtml-1.90-2
mod_python-3.0.4-0.1
pam-0.77-30
pam-devel-0.77-30

Nautilus was running twice without X being loaded. After 'killall
nautilus' was run, logging into GNOME allowed all ICONS, background, etc
to be normal.

I don't usually log out of GNOME and back in, so I do not know how long
this behavior has been there.

Also, when does discussion about beta issues resume on the beta list?
Are we in test1 yet?

Jim

PS - I figured out the noarch problem on my end for yum and up2date. I
was using the headers outside of i386, (just to the development
directory) which worked, except for nodeps.  Then it would try to pull
noarch.rpms from ppc64, s390, etc. (These weren't carried by the mirror
I was using, as Seth referred to. What is the purpose of the headers
directory within the development directory?