LVM1 to LVM2 plans for FC2

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Fri Feb 6 17:31:02 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-02-06 at 12:26 -0500, Bill Rugolsky Jr. wrote:
> If you want to boot back and forth between 2.4 and 2.5, you'll have to
> hack up rc.sysinit or use device-mapper on 2.4.  Rather than rc.sysinit
> trying to find the device file for the root filesystem on the root
> filesystem, it would seem to make more sense to defer unmounting /initrd,
> and use the device file there instead to do the fsck.  I haven't bothered
> to create that patch, but it should be is pretty straightforward.

This is the main piece missing right now that I know of (note that
Arjan's site may not have all of the current stuff, rawhide really is
the more canonical place right now).  I've discussed a little with Bill
moving to fscking the devnode from the initrd, but we haven't reached
any full conclusions yet

Jeremy