release candidate zsh configs

Eric Hattemer hattenator at imapmail.org
Sun Feb 8 10:27:50 UTC 2004

Considering that other shells don't do this, it seems strange, although
not fundamentally wrong.  Someone might delete their .zshrc on purpose,
then get it back the next day automatically.  But also, if someone ftped
into their account, saw all these . files, and randomly started deleting
them because they didn't understand them, at least zsh would
automatically rebuild that stuff.  That's a problem at my university
where a .login file is necessary for the default csh to function almost
at all.  So I agree it would be something you'd have to get zsh.org to
accept, and it'd be controversial and different, though not neccessarily
logically wrong.

-Eric Hattemer