RH updates on external packages

Michael Schwendt ms-nospam-0306 at arcor.de
Mon Feb 9 19:20:50 UTC 2004

On Mon, 9 Feb 2004 15:12:38 -0300, Thiers Botelho wrote:

> I've posted a similar request a while ago on fedora-list and got no answer
> at all - I suppose it might fit better in here.

No, the first half of your message is a user question and suitable for
fedora-list.

> Some days ago I  received, from  fedora-announce, info on updated iptables
> 1.2.9-1.0. That'd be
>

> http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-announce-list/2004-February/msg00004.html
>

> It happens that the announcement mentioned a new config option
> (IPTABLES_MODULES_UNLOAD), so I went to iptables.org in order to learn
> some more about it.

Why? It's a feature specific to Red Hat's integration of iptables into the
system. Actually, this new option is very good because unloading netfilter
connection tracking modules can still lock up. Even in kernel 2.6 it seems.
For me it's 100% reproducible with <= Fedora Core 1 kernel on rh73, but
also Red Hat Linux 9 (IIRC).