RFC: fedora.us bugzilla keywords

Michael Schwendt ms-nospam-0306 at arcor.de
Tue Feb 10 20:14:55 UTC 2004

On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 17:05:55 +0100, Marius L. wrote:

> Although it will clutter the keyword field quite a lot, I am very much
> in favour of having such keywords. I think it might even help some of
> the packages that have been stuck in QA forever get some attention, as a
> QA'er will be able to spot packages that are unknown to him, but still
> fall within his area of interest.
>
> Some keywords (pretty much off the top of my head and from Ville's list)
> that I would like to see:
>
> - NETWORKING, MULTIMEDIA, DATABASE, DEVELOPMENT, PUBLISHING, GAMES
> - GNOME, KDE
> - PERL, PYTHON
>
> i.e. both purpose, environment and language

What happens with software which fits into multiple categories?

For categorization, triage like keywords in the first or subsequent
bugzilla comments seem more suitable, e.g.

  category->networking
  category->python

as there would rarely be the need to take them back. It would be
easier to add/remove categories, too.