RFC: fedora.us bugzilla keywords

Michael Schwendt ms-nospam-0306 at arcor.de
Tue Feb 10 23:45:11 UTC 2004

On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 00:25:30 +0200, Ville Skyttä wrote:

> > > Bugzilla also has a thing called "attachment statuses" which could be
> > > used for this purpose.
> >
> > These are not covered by queries, are they?
>
> They are, but one has to use the "advanced querying using boolean
> charts" options at the bottom of the query page.

Great! I was there, of course, and saw all the other "Attachment *"
search options, but missed "Attachment Status". :-/

 + It's good how the status of an attached review is tied to the review,
   i.e. the attachment. On the contrary, a review posted as additional
   comment would be separate from a bugzilla keyword.

 + It's good that attaching reviews, instead of copying them into the
   comments field, would solve some of the auto-wrapping problems some
   people have, which invalidate GPG signatures. It also "compresses"
   the list of additional comments.

 + Clicking on text/plain attachments displays them in a fresh screen
   and makes it easier to save them. On the contrary, comments need
   a cut'n'paste operation which might suffer from wrapping problems
   as covered above.

 + Posting reviews as attachments would separate them from ordinary
   comments.

 - It's bad that changing an attachment status is not logged in the
   list of additional comments, but only in the separate "Activity log"
   unless a comment is added explicitly on the "Edit" screen. That
   way you could raise the status of old attachment without giving
   a reason.

Question: Does this raise the hurdle to QA again? As reviewers would
be required to not just post a clearsigned comment, they would need to
become familiar with the "Create a New Attachment" window.